Social Justice, Inclusion, and Diversity Statement
Carrollton’s commitment to diversity and inclusion emanates from our aspirations as a Sacred Heart School fully committed to the Goals and Criteria. Recognizing the innate dignity of each person, as created in the image and likeness of God, we:
- Commit ourselves to building a community in which each individual in our community feels welcome and safe.
- Expect everyone to treat all community members with dignity and respect, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, socioeconomic status and sexual orientation.
- Commit to educating the entire community to a critical consciousness about systemic injustice and inequality.
- Intend to form ourselves to personal responsibility to promote tolerance and denounce discrimination of any kind.
- Continue to equip our students, faculty and staff with the necessary tools for effective dialogue and decision making that upholds the value of solidarity with the entire human family.
Adopted August 2, 2020, by the Carrollton Board of Trustees
1 The Goals and Criteria outlines the essential principles and values of Sacred Heart education.